Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Venga Conmigo



Come fly away with me para una adventura to learn Spanish in San Pedro, Guatemala.  

1. My School/ District gave me a sabbatical for a year in order to learn Spanish. 

2. Hopefully, in 2017, our district will be rolling out dual language programs (assuming this proposed program will be passed by the board.)

3. The trip feels so much different than my last world trek for many reasons: I have a signed contract in Austin, Spanish is my biggest priority, I know the village, family, & teacher I will be studying with. 



4. I plan to be in San Pedro from August - November. Then, after Kate's wedding & the holidays, I will plan to return somewhere in Central America to pursue more Spanish. I want to leave this year as open-ended as possible knowing that the open road has a way of dominating whatever "plan" we create. 


5. Some of my other personal goals: to read the bible in it's entirety, scuba diving & surfing throughout all of Central America, and dancing in Columbia - thank you for inspiration Bomba Estereo:  


1 comment:

Laurette said...

Love reading about your goals. Interested to hear more about your reading the Bible throughout the year. What a lovely setting to study and learn. I'm very proud of you.
Love you! Aunt