Wednesday, August 24, 2016

San Pedro Volcán


This is the view from the balcony of mi familia: el Volcán San Pedro. I literally walked out of their house all the way up to the beginning of the parque del Volcán. (That alone was about an hour hike.)



La vista del mirador (about 1/3rd of the way up.) 










Vale la pena (It was worth it)



These women were amazing regalos (gifts.) The Andrea,girl on the left, has climbed Mt. Everest 3 times! She is the first sponsored professional female climber in Guatemala and is the jefe of a health company in Guatemala city which is also uncommon. 
,,


On the hike down I was captivated by the crater. (I didn't even try to take a photo because it wouldn't have turned out.) The cosa that really captured my attention was how lush & green everything was on this dormant volcano. Then a light bulb went off: 


Even in death there is always life.

They cycles of nature require death to keep the soil fertile to promote more life.

This year my last-living, feisty, abuela passed away. Right after that, we had another beautiful baby boy born to our family. 

  


JN: 11:25-26: ..."I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die..." 



4 comments:

Leslie said...

E, so wonderful to read this post and see photos of your village and that incredible Volcano. Miss you and praying for God's presence and discernment as you are immersed in His work.
Much love from Texas!
~ltc

Laurette said...

Elizabeth! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures and your adventures along the way.
Think of you everyday!
Love, Aunt

Jodie said...

Dad and I are so happy that we were able to climb San Pedro volcano using your eyes and legs! Thanks for letting us follow your adventure. I love you! mom

Unknown said...

Great pics! Glad you had some wonderful company on the hike!