Sunday, November 30, 2008

A package deal!

Before I even left on my trip I had friends raving about Mendoza, and now I can see why. I bought a package deal that was more like a steal from Buenos Aires. It included my overnight bus ticket (with a screaming baby next to me the whole time), 2 nights at a hostel, a wine tour, a couple meals, and a mountain trekking/ repelling with the climax ending in aguas calientes.

Day 1:


No need for Lucy squishing those grapes these days.



This is a room where the wine is stored. They had this set up differently just so we could peek in. The chamber has a special coating of paint that was slipperly like a dolphin. Normally they have the wine stored loosely like a big pool. I would love to have a raft & a straw (as long as there were some kind of sun roof action or something...) 


On the wine tour we also got to see an olive oil factory, chocolate liquor factory, & an old cool church. The olive oil factory was cool because they fed us. 



But the chocolate factory was by far the best. They also produced Absinthe, but who would chose that as a sampler when you could have a delicious chocolate, banana, dulce de leche sampler?

Day 2:





T
There were at least 10 separate heated pools, a lazy river, water falls, BBQ pits for families to cook, and to top it off water slides!!! Pretty much paradise.



This was a great way to relax before an exhausting, non stop, 4 day journey to Cusco, Peru to meet Monica & Jake. 

No comments: