Sunday, November 30, 2008

Carmel Gooooeeeniess: Welcome to Argentina

I arrived in Buenos Aires after a 18 hour amazing double decker bus ride. The bus was equipped with lazy boy like chairs, movies, music, food, blankets, pillows, Bingo, and actual bus attendant. The first thing I see when I came out of the bus station are these amazing purple trees that are all over the city. (Remember we are below the equator, so it is like our Spring/ Summer.) 



Can you imagine a high speed chase with this cop car?


I feel like every town has a man on a horse that is somehow significant. Instead, Austin has a man holding a guitar at town lake- JAAAAM!

Tango is really popular in Argentina, and on my first day in Argentina there was a couple on one of the pedestrian streets dancing away. 

I signed up for TANGO lessons, dinner, & then we all went to a tango bar. It was a total blast. Tango is bit difficult & structured for my taste but it was fun to watch all the couples at the bar. I left at 2 AM and The tango was still going strong! (I left with all the older ladies.) 

Easily one of the biggest highlights of Argentina has been the gooooey creamy Dulce De Leche. Imagine creamy spreadable carmel. It can go on just about anything. Prepare yourself, I have sent friends home with Heaps of it!


No comments: