Monday, October 20, 2008

I Took a HOT SIZZLING SHOWER.... TWICE!

I met up with my friend Monica who is living right outside of San Jose, Costa Rica in a town called Heredia. This is another classic case of 6 degrees of separation though not as complicated as last time. Our parents are friends, I grew up with her step brothers, and to top it off we had even met once so we knew we had a lot in common. 

Monica is teaching 3rd grade in a Christian school. Everything at this school is taught in english except for one spanish class. Everything else in Monica's life is done in Spanish. It was excellent practice for me, and it was so much fun to see the city through locals eyes because all of her friends grew up in Heredia. 

Monica with her teaching friend Vinicio & his two children.

We went out one night in hopes to see a concert which was actually the night before but it was filled with some fooseball and dancing to reguton.





Vinicio was a professional soccer player back in the day so we got to see his indoor game which was good fun. (I sat this round out...)

I had the best time with Monica. She has some great friends and gave me some great ideas & advice for next year since I want to do something similar. When I was with Monica in her classroom, I also realized how much I really do miss teaching...
 
Vinicio was an amazing tour guide!!! It was so nice to be with locals, have an actual apartment with my own space, and take my first HOT SIZZILING SHOWER in 2 months! 


2 comments:

MM said...

YEH we had an awesome time! I half-expecting to see you waiting at the bus stop an hour later when I went to work, hahaha...but I'm so glad you made it to the next adventure safely. Can't wait to hear more!! :-) Have a blast and cuidate bien amiga... besos! xo

Mary Margaret said...

i know Monica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Small World!!!---MMP