Thursday, October 16, 2008

Surfing in a "Tropical Storm"

It wasn't the way I had always dreamed of my first surfing experience.... But then again what ever really works out the way we dream about it anyway? There is a tropical storm here in Tamirindo and the ocean looks just like Galveston because of all the rain, but the waves are good. Other than having to go get the "EMERGENCY BIG BOARD" I would say everything went extremely well. 

I had my lesson in the morning, then had a lunch break, and then I went back out in the afternoon. Luckily Jonathan was out there with another lesson so he could help me get up one more time. I could not imagine starting off surfing without help. Once I could get my timing and balance down it was much easier. I can definitely see how people get addicted to this sport!

Jonathan and I after my lesson. Real surfers can see how big this board really is. Hey you have to start somewhere right?

We have been dating for about a year now. Doesn't this look like the perfect couple picture? Minus the fact there is not a guy there. 








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am a friend of Sarah's and she told me about your blog! I was interested so here I am! So cool that you are just on the move. Hope your trip is going well and the rest of it is fabulous! Sarah is so looking forward to meeting up with you! Best wishes! Angie

Suzanne said...

Surf's up dude!! How cool! I am loving being able to track your whereabouts!