Monday, May 22, 2017

Wedding Crashers

Papa Luch couldn't go to the wedding so I got to accompany mamá Sandra instead. The bride was marrying a boy who was not from San Pedro so they had a civil ceremony in San Pedro and they were going to have the official church wedding in his town.

In Asia they say: "same same, but different." I have always loved that phrase because as different as we may sometimes feel, there are so many inherit attributes and traditions that we all somehow follow. I had a moment like this when I first walked in to the wedding and saw all the 18 year old bridesmaids dressed in matching cortes. 



I love that there is a score board in this shot below.







This was by far I think the cutest part of the whole wedding. They had flower girls as well. But this boy walked right before the bride with the sign that translates: "Here comes the bride." When I translated the word "bride - novia" popped up first with all these other translations: girlfriend, bride, fiancee, fiancée, sweetie




One thing that was very different was the bridesmaids put on a dance after the couple was married. Click here to see the dance. The family later reassured me this was not common (but might be a newish thing.)



 Right after the ceremony finished there was a huge mob scene to get in line to give presents to the bride & groom. 


                                                                                                        I am giving my present to the bride in the top picture. More importantly, I love the picture of the random street dog that they could not get rid of trying to get lucky with food. 








No comments: