Friday, April 17, 2009

Coffee Bay



I joke that when you grow up going to Galveston's beaches it only gets better. Seriously though, Coffee Bay has some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever encountered. In fact it is the place that made me fall in love with the ocean. Where else can you see cows chillaxing on the beach too?


This hill you see divides the 2 main beaches in coffee bay.
Here is a shot from Simon's rendesvous.


These 2 photos overlook my favorite cliffs in Coffee Bay. I would go there to do yoga a lot and often there would be a pick up game of soccer too.


Josh is going to be a bong playing, Xhosa speaking, surf champion. His parents are the owners of the Coffee Shack. We joke that he will have nothing ot rebel against because every night he goes to bed to the beat of the drums.

This was snapped from a low water bridge. For all those Mystic ladies it really reminded me of Cypress Creek.

I saw this lamb on my way to school one morning. Although you cannot see in this photo you could see its umbilical cord hanging down. If I had to guess, it probably was born the day before.

FULL MOON RISING OVER THE OCEAN!!!

(Yes I got to surf on the full moon.)

The Coffee Shack had drumming several times a week, and there was always a special full moon fiesta which brought out more intense drumming.

The coolest toy cars ever! The village boys said that it did not take long to make. Everything was made from wires excpet the wheels which were old coke cans. They had it attached to a steering wheel that they were all holding onto which was so much fun to drive.

Mark & Burnie playing acoustic style.

Nomandla who was one of the managers at the coffee shack & one of my best Xhosa teachers invited me to her house on one of her days off. She kinda had the local hang out. Many of the houses did not have electricity, her house definitely did. We watched TV, listened to some tunes, had a dance party, made a picnic, played checkers, and of course there was a fun Xhosa lesson involved too.

Baby Ella & Pumeze.

No comments: