Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brazil VS. Argentina


I took a 22 hour bus ride to Iguazu falls from RIO. It was more than a miracle that I even made the bus because it was the day after my birthday were I got to SAMBA dance all night long at a Favella party and still managed to catch my 8:15 bus ride. Serious miracle....

On the Bus ride I met Thelma & Louis (had they lived to be 73 years old) & a great couple from San Francisco/ Canada (Jerry & francesca.)

Iguazu falls is compared to Niagra falls. It borders Brazil and Argentina. Between both sides there are about 375 different waterfall points. It was definitely the most powerful water falls I have ever seen. Everyone debates which side is better, regardless they are both worth seeing. The Brazil side was much shorter of a trip. It only had 4 or 5 main look out points.

Brazil:

Why are double decker buses so much more fun?






I have no idea what the name of this animal is. It must somehow be connected to the raccoon family. It came from no where & the next thing we knew it had Andres's lunch. They were all over the park and incredibly resourceful scavengers. 

Relentlessness














Argentina:

The Argentina side took a full day of hiking all different kinds of trails. We started at the top of the falls and worked our way down. There were no double decker buses but there was a train involved...




I love this picture, it shows how
wet I really was getting.


Chris & me







1 comment:

Sunday said...

E-

It was great to meet you! So glad that you chose to visit Foz do Iguacu after Rio! Your pictures are great too! We're back in the US - with our passports in hand. We missed peanut butter and English.

Safe travels!

Sunday