Monday, May 11, 2009

First Day in Tokyo

In one day we had 2 great meals, went to the park, saw some traditional dancing & fighting, scoped out the cherry blossom trees, and went to a baseball game. It is nice to have friends in cool cities!

The view from Megs Apartment!

I got to Tokyo late at night and we just had a good girl session with Megumi & Helen. I went to bed riled up & I will not ever be able to put into words what it was like waking up to this skyline. It was the longest 60 shock filled seconds of me trying to rationalize from a dead sleep where I was.

Megumi was an incredible tour guide!!!!! 




Here come the CHERRY BLOSSOM TREES:

We even saw a Geisha!!






Here comes a home run & a major dance party!

When your team scores everyone opens up their mini umbrellas & pops them up and down. There are flags, horns, streamers you name it. It kinda felt like I was at a UT football game. The whole crowd had hints of energy similar to the UT Hell raisers. Honestly, I was still in shock & a little down about leaving Coffee Bay. After the first run was scored, Helen & I jumped up with such excitement that erupted in a fabulous dance party. At that moment I fell in love with Japan, and I knew how much fun Helen & I were going to stir up. 


 This picture does not do the beer cart ladies justice... But they would wear their hats perpendicular to their head. They do not even wear it, they actually bobby pin it in their hair. It was hilarious!

We made our own seafood pancakes after the game. 

The worlds busiest intersection.

This dog has become a bit of a legend in Tokyo. He marks a famous meeting spot. His owner was a well known professor in Tokyo & everyday he would walk him to school & wait for him in this spot. It was said that even after the professor died the dog would still go to this spot & wait for him. Tokyo grew especially fond of the dog, and after he died they made a statue to remember him. The area is right by the worlds busiest intersection so many people still use this spot to meet up. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a beutifull foto,s.I can see that you two are enjoying life.

greetings cor roos (chiang mai)