Friday, December 26, 2008

Lago TITTTTTICCCACA

Monica & I started busing down south from Cusco, to eventually meet up with our Tassy Friends in La Paz. We stopped off in Puno so we could check out Lago Titicaca. Lake Titicaca is the biggest lake in South America.  

We spent a two days cruising around all the different Islands & one night in the biggest Island where we wore authentic clothing & went to the "discoteca." The dancing reminded me of old 1800 style dancing. Mon & I did not have our party hats on that night & it was more than a notion to get our house mom to leave the discoteca. 

(The next few entries will be a little out of order... I am normally way to OCD for that but the internet in Bolivia was less than a bogie & I really wanted to add the ice picking adventure while the brutality of it all was still fresh.)


This is kinda how I envision a viking ship....

Some of the Islands we visited were man made. They create them out of these seaweed bundles that typically last about 30 years.

Not only was the Island man made but most of the plants were edible. Now that is my kind of Island. 



Monica & I looking frightened because of the rain. In reality we got so lucky & just barely missed the HAIL STORM...

Come on in, but be careful because you will....

Smash your head. Seriously I felt like Tommy Boy.




Our house mom was the best cook. How she did it with these resources is beyond me... But the more I travel the more resourceful I am becoming.

Getting primped for the discoteca!

Our family!

DAY 2:


The people on this Island all wear hats to signify their dating, marital, & job status.


Monica & I gave our best "looks" with our hats. Now you will just have to figure out what we are saying or go visit lake Titicaca & they will tell you.



Inca Kola is like liquid bubble gum. 

After our amazing picnic Monica & I got a wild hair & went for a quick dip. It was definitely the MOST FREEEEEZING WATER EXPERICE EVER. I am sure everyone got a kick out of watching us squirm & attempt to climb/ straddle the dock to get out of the water!

No comments: