Saturday, December 13, 2008

I want a LLAMA!!

Here are some fun shots around Peru. I have never seen so many llamas or sheep in my life. After Machu Picchu we enjoyed seeing all the many ruins all around Peru. (There was an Incan "highway" of sorts that went in all directions. Cusco was actually known as the belly button for the Incas.)

We went to the Markets, saw the Incan museum, found a great artisan market area in Cusco called San Blas, had an adventure on horse (not the riding but more the finding our way back after the tour.)

A sheep crossing at the markets. The red flag in the left hand corner is a sign for Incan corn beer. 


Here Jake, Monica, & I are in all are horseback walking glory. At least we didget to see some cool Incan ruins. After we were guaranteed a drop off they literally left us on top of a mountain on the side of the road. We had packed a picnic lunch which was delicious & then proceeded to hike for a couple hours down. (The whole point was to do something relaxing because we were still pretty wiped from Machu Picchu. We had a great laugh about it though!)

This man seriously defined tradesman. I needed a battery for my travel alarm clock so we could play the "What time is it dancing game." Not only was he able to get my obscure battery that I needed but he also pulled out all these great gadgets that were highly entertaining. 

I have never seen so many shoe shining stations. I have even been approached with my sandals on many times.



 

No comments: