Saturday, August 23, 2008

Belize Post Cards





So far these are my token Belize pictures. I landed in Belize city and caught a great sunset. Then had an early night with my last bit of Tex-Mex for 10 monthes. The next morning I took the "Water Taxi" over to Caye Caulker. I stayed at this amazing place called Tina's backpackers hostel Loaded with hammocks, bunk beds, and surprisingly enough a lot of Europeans. The modo here is "go slow" so you can imagine how delighted I am to be here. I have met some amazing people and had great food. So far the highlight was snorkeling with the stingrays! 

9 comments:

monicallaves said...

i love (and miss) you. had 4 new mexicans in the house this weekend - whew. we gave it to the wayside... spear a fish or something for me. xoxo

Chappy said...

stingrays!

nice pack job..
my question is, does it repack as easily when you've rummaged through all that shoo to find something?

Cabeza De Taco said...

already livin it up! keep dem blahgs coming...

e

Unknown said...

your mom is keeping us posted on your travels. What fun - at 55 I can only look back and wish that I had been as brave to do what you are doing. Have fun, meet tons of people and be careful. Can't wait to read more - LOVE the pictures!

Unknown said...

Those pictures bring back memories! Enjoy a Belikin for me and I can't wait to hear more!

Margaret said...

Elizabeth-

I am so impressed/ amazed/ envious that you're doing this. Keep the posts coming. Maybe I will be inspired! Travel safe.

-Margaret

Beeeeej said...

So Claudia and I are so jealous. She misses you a bunch as do I and the rest of the kindy krew. Claudia actually shed a few tears when she showed me your Belize pics. I almost did too with the belikin pic. We love and miss you!!! Happy travels!!!

BJ & Claudia

Beeeeej said...

Hey lady!
I LOVE the pics so far...you look like you are having a WONDERFUL time and I am soooooo happy! They really brought back some memories!!! Enjoy your Belikins...drink some One Barrell rum...and do some punta dancing!!!!!! Miss you, love you, and keep the pics coming!
Love,Claudia

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. You go girl, taking such big risks and making the time for an adventure of a life time. Your blog is excellent. Can't wait to see more pictures. Kathey S.